This appetizer is fresh and colorful – perfect adjectives for spring. The flavors are simple and light, making it a refreshing appetizer that is both great on its own and can accompany heavier, richer fare. As an alternative to the goat cheese, you can finely cube Feta, drizzle it with olive oil, and stuff the tomatoes with that, topping them with a fresh basil chiffonade.Ingredients:
24 cherry tomatoes
6 oz goat cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1. Slice off the tops of the cherry tomatoes and scoop out seeds.
2. With electric mixer, beat the goat cheese until smooth.
3. Slowly add the heavy cream, salt and pepper, mixing until incorporated.
4. Mix on high until smooth, but holds its shape.
5. Using a spatula, fold in the basil. If you add it using a mixer, there’s a risk of the goat cheese turning green.
6. Fill a pastry or piping bag fitted with a star tip with the goat cheese mixture. Pipe filling into tomatoes and serve.