1. “Dr. West,” Eminem This is the intro song off of Eminem’s new album “Relapse.” This intro is perfect for the album and it should be the first song you listen to before listening to the whole album in one sitting, preferably by yourself with the lights off.2. “Pigeon,” Cannibal Ox The production by El-P for this album is amazing, definitely a little something different from what I’m used to, but this song is a great showcasing of that production and Vordul Mega and Vast Aire just spit for a good five minutes. 3. “Primo’s Four Course Meal,” Celph Titled Celph Titled is, in my opinion, one of the best rappers to ever touch a microphone. This song is a great example of his ridiculous lyricism, and I’m forever grateful to the man who taught me how to “Floss Filthy.”
4. “All 4 The Ca$h,” Gangstarr Guru is the man, and of course Primo crafts a dirty little beat. I’m a huge fan of storytelling in hip-hop, so that why I think this song is dope.
5. “Black-Helicopters,” Non-Phixion A super-cool friend of mine got me into these guys, and I think this is probably their best song. Simple-yet-sick beat, and I really think they just go hard for the whole song.
6. “Industrial Revolution,” Immortal Technique My favorite song of all time, across all genres of music. <3
7. “Method Man,” Wu-Tang Clan Although the only Wu member on this track is “Method Man,” it’s one of my favorite songs off their first album. It’s just a lot of fun to listen to. Plus the torture skit before is a classic.
8. “The Puzzle,” Brother Ali This song is like my own personal self-help track. Brother Ali always knows what to say to put me in a great mood.
9. “Dead Presidents II,” Jay-Z Jonny Mayz loves Jay-Z, and he loves this song as well, and so should you.