Kari Jones ’08
Women’s Basketball Trainer1. Would you rather not be able to talk or hear for one day?
I’d rather not be able to talk because I don’t have a filter half the time anyway. It would save me some trouble..
2. Why did you decide to train?
Because I am broken and retired. (Kari used to play basketball for LU, but suffered an ACL tear in the 2006-2007 season.)
3. What is your favorite part of the job?
The training-room talk.
4. What is the most memorable injury you’ve had to deal with?
Carrie VanGroll’s face. In Grinnell, she got scratched above the lip and it wouldn’t stop bleeding. In order to get her back in the game I had to prewrap a Band-aid around her face.
5. If you could work for any team who would it be and why?
The Duke men’s basketball team — because I love them.
6. Would you rather give up chocolate or ice cream?
I’d rather give up eating ice cream. Why? I don’t know how to answer that — it’s — it’s chocolate!
7. Who is your favorite athlete?
Chris Carlson because of his sweet moves on and off the field. He is so manly.