1. Casey Jones – The Grateful Dead
I was named after this song. No joke.2. Busted Bicycle – Leo Kottke
Kottke plays the twelve string like no other.
3. With a Little Help from My Friends – The Beatles
Classic. This song makes me smile every time I hear it.
4. Heart in a Cage – Chris Thile
Thile is the mandolin player from Nickel Creek. Sometimes I listen to his ‘How to Grow a Woman from the Ground’ album on repeat.
5. Pickup Man – Joe Diffie
This is the most hilarious country song ever. I know all of the lyrics.
6. Cheese Cake – Dexter Gordon
Got to love jazz saxophone.
7. Independent – Webbie
Listen to this song. Understand why Genna Thompson loves it. Then understand why I love Genna Thompson.
8. The Opposite of Hallelujah – Jens Lekman
This song reminds me of a really long car-ride and a particular Swede.
9. Take Me Away from Here – Sara Masterson
This is the dreamiest song. Thank you C. Drake.
10. Big Eyed Fish – Dave Matthews Band
I only like three songs by DMB. This is one of them.