1. “Casey Jones,” The Grateful DeadI was named after this song. No joke.2. “Busted Bicycle,” Leo KottkeKottke plays the twelve string like no other.
3. “With a Little Help from My Friends,” The BeatlesClassic. This song makes me smile every time I hear it.
4. “Heart in a Cage,” Chris ThileThile is the mandolin player from Nickel Creek. Sometimes I listen to his “How to Grow a Woman from the Ground” album on repeat.
5. “Pickup Man,” Joe DiffieThis is the most hilarious country song ever. I know all of the lyrics.
6. “Cheese Cake,” Dexter GordonGot to love jazz saxophone.
7. “Independent,” WebbieListen to this song. Understand why Genna Thompson loves it. Then understand why I love Genna Thompson.
8. “The Opposite of Hallelujah,” Jens LekmanThis song reminds me of a really long car-ride and a particular Swede.
9. “Take Me Away from Here,” Sara MastersonThis is the dreamiest song. Thank you C. Drake.
10. “Big Eyed Fish” Dave Matthews BandI only like three songs by DMB. This is one of them.