This is a really funny assortment of songs, but I guess that’s what happens when you play your iPod on shuffle.1. “This Time It Will,” Jeff Hanson Jeff Hanson was a very talented but little-known artist who sadly died last year, but he has one of the most unique singing voices I have ever heard – he sounds so much like a woman that I didn’t believe it was a man singing until I saw videos.
2. “Wantin’ Her Again,” Ben Kweller Not my favorite Ben Kweller song, but I used to be completely obsessed with him, so I have pretty much every song he has ever performed.
3. “Sexy Bitch,” David Guetta ft. Akon It’s really funny that this song came on. I studied abroad in Spain in the fall and the guy who lived above me blasted this song on repeat every day between 4 and 5 p.m. I thought that was really strange.
4. “Shadow People,” Dr. Dog Dr. Dog might be my favorite band right now. I’ve been a fan of them for a long time, and I think they just keep getting better – this song is from their newest album.
5. “Alphabetical,” Phoenix This is one of Phoenix’s older songs, which is pretty good. I’ve recently been listening a lot to their new album and it’s pretty a different style, but I think I might like it even more than the older stuff.
6. “Carmensita,” Devendra Banhart I think Devendra Banhart is fantastic, and this song is one of my favorites. His music is a lot of fun.
7. “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons Great song. But now it will be stuck in my head all week.
8. “Don’t Wait Too Long,” Madeleine Peyroux I did a dance to this song in high school that ended up being a total disaster and has left me with bad connotations for this song in general. But Madeleine Peyroux sings beautifully.
9. “Yo Ya,” Kaveret My dad is really into classic rock, and he spent a good portion of his twenties living in Israel. He got me into some Hebrew rock music, which is what this is. I am not fluent in Hebrew, but apparently the lyrics are nonsense.
10. “Underdog World Strike,” Gogol Bordello This group is so weird, but I love them and have seen them live twice – probably the most fun I have had at a concert. I am in love with Eugene Hutz.