Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Mushrooms are one of my favorite ingredients. Their earthy taste pairs really well with fresh thyme.3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup coarse bread crumbs
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
5 medium portabella mushrooms (3/4 lb), stems removed
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
1/2 cup dry white wine
Salt and pepper
1. Dice one of the portabella mushrooms. Sauteé with onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are soft.
2. Place the cooked mushroom and the garlic and onion in a bowl and combine with bread crumbs, red pepper, parmesan cheese, thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add one egg and 1/4 cup of wine.
4. Place the four portabella caps on a baking sheet or casserole dish with edges. Fill each cap with the filling. Pour the remaining 1/4 cup of wine onto the sheet.
5. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned and the mushrooms are cooked through.
You can also drizzle a little truffle olive oil on top of the mushrooms before serving for an extra rich and earthy taste.